SAAEE Events and activities
The SAAEE aims at providing a suite of benefits for its members as well as a continuous involvement with the current affairs of the local and international energy sector, through:
- Bi-annual Newsletter with experts’ opinions and a calendar of energy events nationally;
- Panel discussions of current energy and environment topics where energy specialists debate and exchange ideas and perspectives;
- Experts’ talks and presentations;
- Technical workshops where energy specialists present s a variety of modeling and quantitative methods used in the energy fields nationally and internationally;
- Social media presence;
- Participation in local and international conferences;
- Members’ database including not only contact information but also, topics and work in progress and
- Student chapter with activities that provide expansion of skills and networking opportunities.
IAEE conferences provide a cost-effective and pleasureable opportunity to hear not only the latest research in energy economics but also the critical energy industry issues exercising governments and firms. IAEE holds an annual international conference. It also sponsors periodic regional meetings in Europe, North America, Asia andn Latin America that discuss regional issues more directly relevant to some members. IAEE Conferences attract delegate from the most influential government, corporate and academic energy decision-making institutions. Keynote and luncheon speakers include leading industry in concurrent sessions where they obtain feedback from leading professionals in the field. IAEE conferences also provide many opportunities to network with other professional energy economists. IAEE conferences also feature special contests and prizes for students, while students also are eligible for reduced registration fees.
Follow the link below to learn more about the IAEE conferences.
IAEE members may take advantage of a wide range of Affiliate/Chapter activities and meetings in many countries and several major cities in the United States. Most Affiliates/Chapters meet on a regular basis to discuss energy-related topics. Several IAEE Affiliates publish their own energy economics newsletter and directories.